Welcome to Ransom Recycles!

I love to reduce, reuse, and recycle. Finding creative ways to use already existing and unwanted objects saves resources, money and, most importantly, the environment. My latest mission...Christmas!


I've never cared for Christmas and I know saying this aloud is sacrilegious to most. I find the holiday too sentimental with far too much focus on materialism. I enjoy the idea of Christmas cards, but I'm rarely impressed by the uninspired designs nor the standard, meaningless messages of sentimental harassment.

Collage enables me to re-create my own kind of card, to express my opinions, and twist current events into the holiday-related themes of materialism, gender equity, dietary indulgence, ecology, religion, and politics. All card designs were inspired by the people in my life. Some subjects are contentious and controversial while others are traditional and typical geared to fit the history and relationship I have with each recipient. I prefer the snarky. I like the unexpected which is what we rarely get with a Christmas card. I love art that screams an offensive message with sarcasm and makes me laugh.

Each card is created from old Christmas cards. Many of the cards I receive for recycling are designed for the typical consumer while others are created by and sent from political organizations, humanitarian charities, and religious institutions. I also decorate with ribbons, wrapping paper, stickers, and gift tags and supplement the designs with imagery from magazines, books, and a few political flyers. It takes anywhere from four to ten cards to make one recycled card. 

Christmas now has a whole new meaning for me!

Enjoy!