Bird Talk

Bird Talk: Christmas is for the Birds...Have you ever noticed how many birds are on Christmas cards? Penguins, cardinals, and doves are the most popular, but chickens and ducks make their appearances on religious cards with nativity scenes. As I mutilated cards and set aside the imagery I wasn't using, I realized I sure had a lot of birds left over!

I have bird baggage. As a young child I was given a bird as a pet for Christmas. I didn't want a bird. I remember my six-year old self thinking, "Why did Santa bring me a bird? I didn't ask for a bird."  I grew to love Perky, but I failed miserably at being responsible and Perky died. I cried and cried and cried. So I got another bird, also called it Perky and it died, too. I cried and cried and cried. It seems I could never remember to feed them. I got another bird decided the name Perky was bad luck and named her Princess. The front door was left open and Princess escaped. She was probably hungry. I've never gotten over the trauma of bird ownership.  I'm not fond of birds in cages or any animal in confinement for that matter. I'm opposed to pet ownership and animal slavery for the entitled pleasure of mentally ill humans. I love birds outside and I love them wearing hats.

Size: 4 x 5 1/2 approximately, bound

front cover

inside

back cover