The Older I Get the Younger Santa Looks!

The Older I Get the Younger Santa Looks addresses the challenges of aging. This was a subject I had a difficult time finding any humor in, but I loved the title.

Aging sucks. Youth has a way of shielding a person from knowing or understanding the inevitable. We live our lives assuming comfort, contentment, and happiness will last forever if we just work hard enough. During my era of immortality my elderly great-aunt informed me, "Candi, you don't want to grow old. It's not fun." I remember thinking at the time, Well, what is my choice? I still had no clue what she was talking about even with her detailed descriptions of failing body parts. Years later, here I am, and along with all my friends our constant topic of discussion is our health and the betrayal of aging.

Thank you to my friend, Virginia, my comrade in aging, who gave me not only a lot of old Christmas cards, but also her stockpile of nursing magazines. I had a glorious time reading about disease and looking at wound care photos imagining the inevitable.

You gotta love the Reindeer of Death & Disease. LOL!

OK, it's not that funny....none of it is.

Size: 5 x 7 inches, bound

front cover

inside

back cover