Save the Trees

Save the Trees is a commentary on the materialism of the Christmas season and our entitled sacrifice of living plants for seasonal ornamentation. Granted, I realize there are tree farms that cater to this need, but why is it a requirement of Christmas to have freshly cut trees and wreaths? With so many creative alternatives, why is this still acceptable?

I will be the first to admit, I am as guilty as the next person. For the past fifteen years every December I hiked down to the blackberry patch in the wilds where the evergreens grown. Every year I trim the low hanging branches for my one and only Christmas token - a handmade wreath. This year, however, I finally realized I've been slowly cutting away all the low hanging branches and there is nothing left except blackberry vines! How could I be so oblivious to my destruction? This card represents my own selfish and careless regard for resources. I know I am not alone in my self-centeredness. This year I'm making my homemade wreath out of Christmas lights!

Size: 5 x 7 approximately, bound

front cover

inside

back cover