Life Made Better

Life Made Better is about human relations and the impact of the most delicious, decadent Christmas dessert.

Step families are...challenging, and that's a really diplomatic way of describing them. I could probably use a more colorful word. Filled with conflict, contention, and pain in the ass people who are absolutely not related by genetics, history, or love attempting to live together under one roof, it's amazing any of them survive the experience.

I made this card for my favorite aunt who broke the ice by warming an obstinate teenage girl's heart with fudge. My aunt was the fudge maker of the family. No one else could make fudge like this woman. Any time my dysfunctional family needed to be diffused or distracted, she was right there in the kitchen, talking and laughing, stirring and yelling, "Does anyone want to lick the pan?" However, this was not just a Christmas event as my family was in need of fudge therapy way more often than once a year. Every time I think of my aunt I think of fudge, and every time I think of fudge I think of my aunt. What a great legacy.

Size: 5 x 7 inches, bound. Zero snarkiness.


front cover
inside
back cover